Our local dedicated Wugu Nyambil Team will assist you with all the new skills you will need, to secure a successful career Pathway.
What is CTA? Information for jobactive providers.
CTA is a program to help mature-age job seekers build their skills and confidence to become more competitive in their local job market.
Who is eligible?
All job seekers aged 45 years and over who are registered with a
What happens in CTA?
Participation in CTA will fully meet a participant’s Annual Activity Requirement (AAR) for the period of participation, regardless of the contact hours. CTA is delivered face to face for 75 hours over eight weeks (a minimum of 50 hours is in a group setting) and includes these components:
- Initial meeting: between CTA Facilitator and participant to complete a personalised Career Pathway Assessment.
- Develop goals and motivations: manage expectations for change in career, wellbeing and resilience strategies and build confidence.
- Understand the local job market and identify suitable opportunities: support to identify local opportunities and identify future growth industries.
- Explore and translate transferable skills: identify and articulate existing skills and experience, discussion of pathways for re-skilling and further training.
- Improve and tailor résumés: ensure that the participant has the skills to create, edit and send their résumé using IT platforms.
- Navigate the job application process: manage expectations about receiving responses and feedback, understand how the job application process has changed
- Practise and enhance interview skills: preparation, employer expectations, what to expect during an interview.
- Functional Digital Literacy: increase knowledge and confidence with everyday technology, use different devices, set up and use email accounts, basic desktop publishing
- Experience different industries: inbound and outbound employer visits to get a feel for industries.
- Prepare a Career Pathway Plan: to outline steps towards employment or training opportunities based on transferable skills and the local labour market.
- Warm handover: within five days of course completion, the participant,
jobactive provider aCTA provider meet to discuss next steps.
- Ongoing Support: minimum of two future contacts within three months of course completion, tailored to the participant.